We're looking for an experienced B2B PR consultant or up-and-coming PR account manager to work across a range of accounts and directly support one of our directors. This role is suited for an experienced media relations professional who enjoys working in a fast-moving consultancy environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing and editing B2B content and pitches for the media
- Proofing content and providing editorial feedback to team members
- Coordinating and managing media and social media activities for clients
- Taking client and colleague briefs and acting on them confidently and professionally
- Advising and working with clients in a timely and professional manner
- Accounting for billable time and contributing to overall account budget management
- Researching media angles and generating proactive content ideas for clients
- Participating in new business pitches and meetings
- Contributing content and ideas for internal marketing campaigns
- Providing support and updates to senior management on accounts
- Working with the media to drive coverage and interest in clients
- Using your experience and knowledge to provide positive support to others in the team.
To be selected for this role you must:
- Be an excellent writer. You will know how to critically assess complex B2B information, find news value and write compelling, audience-specific media pitches, case studies or by-line articles.
- Be able to pitch confidently by phone and email. You will be able to demonstrate how to create a well-constructed email pitch and explain how you approach a phone pitch.
- Be connected and active in social media such as LinkedIn, Blogging or Twitter.
- Be able to explain what good client service is and ways to achieve it.
- Be able to explain best-practice media relations activities for common tasks such as setting up spokespeople one-on-ones, editorial feature pitching or distributing client news.
- Be able to demonstrate techniques you use to manage multiple activities effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate above-average personal communication skills.
- Have a strong work ethic, a stable career history and a passion for delivering positive outcomes for clients.
- Be a natural team player with a high degree of social awareness.
In your application letter please explain how you meet these criteria and your expected salary. Please email your application letter and CV addressed to Elizabeth Marchant.