Wavelink Communications, a value added distributor of business IP, wireless and communication solutions, has announced a new 802.11n access point product line for the extended enterprise, the Meru Networks AP1000i.
The AP1000i leverages the power of Meru’s market proven Single-Channel, Virtual Port™ and Virtual Cell™ technologies, delivering enterprise leaders simple deployment, ease of management, reliability and cost savings for the distributed enterprise.
Delivering robust connectivity, mobility and service assurance, the AP1000i is designed to deliver a Wireless-Like-Wire™ experience for the distributed enterprise and enable businesses to elevate the customer experience and boost employee productivity.
Jonathan Ordman, director, Wavelink said, “The Meru AP1000i provides an easy way for companies to have all the benefits of a higher-performing WLAN solution at a price point that is affordable for organisations that are making a change.
“This is just another example of how partners like Meru Networks have helped us improve service delivery to our clients as well as reducing costs to the operation.”
Ram Appalaraju, senior vice president – marketing, Meru Networks said, “Enterprises are seeking ways to extend their reach to get close to their customers, and transforming their infrastructure to accommodate the new reality of globally distributed workforce and locations.
“Through our strategic partnership with Wavelink, we are able to deliver reliable, seamless and efficient WLAN solutions to integrate remote offices into their corporate networks. “
Key facts about the AP1000i include:
* newest entry-level, high-value enterprise access point solution in Meru’s product family with breakthrough connectivity, mobility, and security and is designed to be the industry’s simplest to deploy and easiest to manage WLAN solution
* designed for enterprises demanding mission-critical connectivity and mobility without the high cost and complexity of microcell products
* out of the box support for thousands of 802.11 a/b/g/n devices
* simple and easy to deploy
* based on Meru’s proven innovative Single-Channel, Virtual Cell, Virtual Port technology, delivering consistent and uniform coverage with minimal RF planning and ongoing RF site surveys
* provides full branch-to-core security that includes integrated rogue mitigation and intrusion prevention, providing secure access to applications and corporate resources
* enables companies to rapidly scale to support the expansion of business operations as well as support the addition of new locations
The AP1000i is available in December 2010.
Wavelink Communications (www.wavelink.com.au) specialises in the supply, marketing and support of a range of leading edge IP, wireless and communication solutions. Wavelink distributes a range of products from Meru Networks, Polycom, Digium, Cisco, AirTight, Nomadix and amigopod.
About Meru Networks
Founded in 2002, Meru Networks develops and markets a virtualised wireless LAN solution that cost-effectively optimises the enterprise network to deliver the performance, reliability, predictability and operational simplicity of a wired network, with the advantages of mobility. Meru’s solution represents an innovative approach to wireless networking that utilises virtualisation technology to create an intelligent and self-monitoring wireless network, and enables enterprises to migrate their business-critical applications from wired networks to wireless networks, and become all-wireless enterprises. Meru’s solutions have been adopted in major industry vertical markets, including education, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing and retail. Meru is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has operations in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. For more information, visit www.merunetworks.com.