Sydney, February 16, 2011 – Fluke Australia, through the Queensland Government floods business pledges website, is looking for electricians donating their time to the Queensland flood relief.
The state of Queensland has been devastated by some of the most intense flooding in recent times. In this time of crisis, communities need to pull together to help Australians get back on their feet.
Fluke Australia would like to provide help to the helpers, by donating tools to electricians generously donating their time to help people and businesses get back up and running.
Fluke is giving away tools worth almost AU$70,000 ex GST:
Ten Fluke 1653B Installation Testers from the 1650B Series Multifunction Installation Testers Range to check electrical circuits are RCD compliant.
* The 1650B Series testers verify the safety of electrical installations in domestic, commercial and industrial applications. They help ensure that fixed wiring is safe and correctly installed to meet the requirements of IEC 60364, HD 384 and all relevant local standards.
* Fast voltage measurement between L-N, L-PE and N-PE using the mains cord. No need to change measurement connections.
* Earth Volt Touchpad detects raised earth voltages >50V, indicating potential dangerous situations.
* Compact, and lightweight (less than 1.2 kg) with a padded neck-strap to free your hands for all day testing. Withstands a drop of 1 meter.
Three Fluke TiR32 Building Diagnostics Thermal Imagers to detect dampness, and residual moisture.
* The ultimate tool for energy audit, building maintenance, restoration and remediation.
* Locate air leakage resulting from improperly installed or worn seals on windows and doors.
* Verify missing, damaged or incorrectly installed insulation.
* Detect moisture intrusion and the possible existence of mould or mildew.
* Extend the life of roofs by locating and fixing leaks.
* Locate damaged or unsealed components of HVAC/R systems (air conditioning, heating, air handlers, and refrigeration).
* Field replaceable batteries for maximum flexibility.
* Engineered and tested to withstand a 2m drop, dust and water—tested to an IP54 rating.
If you are an electrician who is helping people to get back into their homes, or know of anyone who is, please visit http://bit.ly/Flukefloodsupport to fill out an application.
All applications must be answered in full and faxed back to 02 8850 3300 or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be open until February 28th 2011 or nominated amount have been distributed.
Tools will be granted to those applications that display the most need and assistance for helping Queenslanders during this time.
Founded in 1948, Fluke Corporation is the world leader in compact, professional electronic test tools. Fluke tools deliver the testing and troubleshooting capabilities that are critical to keep commerce and industry running smoothly. Fluke customers are technicians, engineers, electricians, metrologists and building diagnostic professionals who install, troubleshoot and manage industrial, electrical and electronic equipment and calibration processes for quality control and building restoration. In the past five years, Fluke tools won more than 50 industry awards, including Test and Measurement World Best in Test, Control Engineering Engineer’s Choice and Plant Engineering Product of the Year. Fluke is a registered trademark of Fluke Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.