Sydney, March 28, 2011 – Fluke Corporation, the global leader in handheld electronic test and measurement equipment, is introducing a rugged entry-level thermal imager with best in class image quality.
The Fluke Ti9 brings accurate thermal imaging within the reach of many more electricians and technicians in industrial plants. The imager has a widescreen format colour LCD display to show every detail. Users just point the instrument and pull the trigger to capture the full image, saving time, and greatly increasing the speed of inspecting, repairing and verifying electrical and (electro)mechanical equipment.
Best in class image quality at entry level price
Hot spots regularly indicate an imminent problem or equipment failure in electrical equipment. Frontline electricians, usually under severe time pressure, must often rely on infrared thermometer measurements. These show only a single hot spot at a time, which is not enough for an accurate evaluation.
Thermal imagers show the full picture instantly, with different colours representing different temperatures. Although there are low-cost thermal imagers on the market, the image quality is often too poor for a good understanding of the root cause of a problem. They also struggle in the harsh industrial environments the instruments must often endure.
Fluke’s Ti9 has a 19,200 pixel detector. The instrument incorporates a thermal imager lens with adjustable focus, and detects a wide -20?C to +250?C temperature range. There is a 23º x 17º viewing angle and a minimum focus distance of 15 cm. Small details are visible in a perfectly focused image.
The Fluke Ti9 is easy to use. All users need to do is point and pull the trigger to capture the full picture. The IP54-rated Fluke Ti9 resists dust and water, and withstands a drop test of two meters.
Extends equipment lifetime
The Fluke Ti9 helps extend equipment lifetime, avoid electrical fires, and validate installation, repair and maintenance procedures. It can detect problems in a wide range of equipment including switchgear, motor control centres and lighting systems.
Even small temperature differences are visible in components like transformers, panels, controls, fuses, receptacles and bus bars.
Fluke SmartView software is included with the product as well as a 2GB SD memory card, a rugged hard carry case, a soft transport bag, an adjustable hand strap, rechargeable internal battery, AC power supply/battery charger (including mains adapters) and training DVD.
Uniquely, the Ti9 can be upgraded with Fluke’s IR-Fusion to convert it to a full-featured Fluke Ti10 thermal imager with advanced analysis and reporting. IR-Fusion shows a full thermal image, or one combined with a visual image to pinpoint potential faults.
Fluke’s other thermal imagers include the Fluke Ti10, Ti25 and Ti32.
Fluke Ti32 features and benefits include:
* the ability to marry high-precision thermal images with visible light images in full screen, picture-in-picture or blended views for enhanced problem detection and analysis
* helps plant and system maintenance professionals reduce energy consumption, strengthen preventive maintenance programs and increase reliability by expanding problem detection and providing customised reports
* includes a three-button menu designed for intuitive operation and navigation, on-screen emissivity correction, transmissivity correction and high temperature alarm
* comes with two field-swappable, rechargeable batteries that enable virtually continuous imager use, with a typical battery life of more than four hours each
* tested to withstand a drop of 6.5 metres and is IP54 rated to withstand water and dust. It has a widescreen, full colour LCD display, increased thermal sensitivity, ?0.05 ° C at 30 ° C target temperature, and a temperature measurement range of -20 °C to +600 °C
* a 2 gigabyte standard definition memory card that will store at least 3,000 basic infrared images, .bmp or .jpg formats, or 1,200 fully radiometric, .is2 IR Fusion file format, infrared and linked visual images, each with 60 seconds of voice annotation, as well as a multi-function memory card reader for downloading images into a computer
* rugged hard carry case and a soft transport bag, an adjustable hand strap for right- or left-handed use, two rechargeable lithium ion smart batteries, a two-bay external charger, an AC power supply and an interactive training DVD
* Fluke SmartView software, with free software upgrades for the life of the product. SmartView software is a modular suite of tools for viewing, annotating, editing and analysing infrared images that fully supports Fluke IR Fusion technology.
For more information
The Fluke Ti9 is priced at A$2,900 exc GST. For more information on Fluke tools and applications, or to find the location of your nearest distributor, contact Fluke Australia, Locked Box 5004, Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153, call (02) 8850-3333, fax (02) 8850 3300, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Fluke’s website at www.fluke.com.au.
Fluke’s mission is to be the world leader in compact, professional electronic test tools. The company’s products are used by technicians and engineers in service, installation, maintenance, manufacturing test, and quality functions in a variety of industries throughout the world. Fluke was founded in 1948 and its headquarters are located in Everett, Washington State and the company employs over 2,100 people internationally.