June 5, 2012 – Users are expected to realise tremendous gains from the new capabilities in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 but, like any migration to a new version of Windows, this will require significant testing and preparation to ensure a smooth and timely rollout. Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT) has responded to this need by letting corporations ready their virtual desktop environments for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 today and have added other key technology advancements to their User Workspace Management portfolio.
Quest Workspace™ Desktop Virtualisation 7.6 (formerly vWorkspace) incorporates industry-leading features that guide corporations in building a next generation environment that delivers the user workspace on any desktop and device:
* offers first-to-market experimental support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, giving organisations a forward view of how these latest technologies will affect desktop virtualisation environments
* addresses bring your own device (BYOD) initiatives by providing insights into which devices (iPad, Macs, Android, etc.) users are employing to access their virtual desktops and use that information to create a context-aware workspace
* supports the latest Microsoft releases including System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012, SQL Server 2012.
Quest Foglight® for Virtual Desktops 5.6.3 brings powerful diagnostics and rich visualisation to Quest Workspace Desktop Virtualisation environments:
* advanced resource monitoring provides vFoglight functionality for monitoring performance and resources in desktop virtualisation infrastructures
* Microsoft App-V Integration lets customers identify exactly which App-V application is being used in Workspace Desktop Virtualisation
* advanced load balancing lets customers distribute the monitoring load in very large environments.
# # #
About Quest Software
Established in 1987, Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) provides simple and innovative IT management solutions that enable more than 100,000 global customers to save time and money across physical and virtual environments. Quest products solve complex IT challenges ranging from database management, data protection, identity and access management, monitoring, user workspace management to Windows management.
Quest, Quest Software, Quest Workspace, Foglight and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.