September 27, 2012 – Wavelink, a value added distributor of enterprise mobility solutions, and Zenprise, the leader in secure mobile device management (MDM) share eight steps to secure mobile content and deploy “business-ready” mobile apps.
Ilan Rubin, managing director, Wavelink, said, “Organisations around the world are embracing enterprise mobility. Most are letting some or all of their employees use their own devices to access the corporate network, email, and increasingly, business apps.
“Now that mobile devices are maturing, have more enterprise security features, and are more prevalent in the workplace, it is time for organisations to plan how those devices can help achieve business objectives that grow the top line and make them more competitive,” Rubin said.
To achieve the shift from simply managing the mobile device to managing content on the device organisations need to adopt strategies that harmonise enterprise IT needs with the end-user experience.
Eight ways to secure mobile content and deploy “business-ready” mobile apps
1. Deploy a secure content container on mobile devices to prevent sensitive business data leaking from users’ mobile devices.
2. Secure the connection between the container and the content repository with an app-specific virtual private network (VPN).
3. Set content-aware, role-based policies for mobile user permissions such as synch and email. Also, time-expire content to control it at a granular level to prevent leakage or inadvertent misuse.
4. Encrypt email attachments on mobile devices so that they can only be unencrypted when opened in the container to protect email attachments, without disrupting users’ email experience.
5. If an organisation has policies about assets remaining on-premise or concerns about data on mobile devices leaving the premises, establish automated compliance policies such as ‘wipe content on perimeter breach’.
6. Secure the connection between the container and corporate intranet or web portal with a corporate browser and an app-specific VPN. This will secure access from users’ mobile devices to the corporate intranet and web portals without offering full VPN access.
7. Extend content-aware, role-based mobile policies to the content on your corporate intranet or web portal.
8. Safeguard data and ensure performance and reliability by building or injecting foundational security and configuration services, including a secure content container, into the apps. This will let mobile users make the most of apps they like and make them more productive, while securing and managing those apps in an enterprise-appropriate way.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zenprise is the leader in secure mobile device management. Only Zenprise protects the mobile enterprise end-to-end with the industry’s easiest-to-use MDM solution. Zenprise MobileManager™ and Zencloud™ let IT say “yes” to personal and corporate-owned mobile devices by safeguarding sensitive corporate data, shielding the network from mobile threats, maintaining compliance with regulatory and corporate policies, and making the administrative process simple and intuitive. This gives IT peace of mind, lets executives take their businesses mobile, and makes employees more productive on-the-go.
Zenprise’s extensive list of global customers and partners spans a cross-section of countries and vertical industries including: aerospace and defence, financial services, healthcare, oil and gas, legal, telecommunications, retail, entertainment, and federal, state, and local governments.
For more information about Zenprise, please visit www.zenprise.com or follow us on the Zenprise blog (http://www.zenprise.com/blog), Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/zenprise), and Twitter (@Zenprise_Inc).
Wavelink (www.wavelink.com.au) specialises in the supply, marketing and support of a range of leading edge enterprise mobility and UC solutions. Wavelink distributes a range of products from Meru Networks, Zenprise, Polycom, Digium, AirTight Networks and Nomadix. For more information please contact Wavelink on 1300 147 000.