November 28, 2013 – There is a significant shift happening in business-to-business (B2B) sales that will have a major impact on business and the wider economy according to RSM Bird Cameron.
Andrew Graham, national head of business solutions, RSM Bird Cameron, said, “Evolving consumer buying behaviours and preferences are changing the face of how business approaches its selling function. Gone are the days of business owners simply waiting to take orders from customers as decreased consumer demand leaves a gaping void.
“As a result, business owners are less optimistic about their medium-term prospects and the success of their business. This is demonstrated by the findings of thinkBIG 2013, which showed Australia’s difficult economic conditions are continuing to take a toll with business owners in general feeling their business is less successful than in 2012.”
“The most successful businesses will be those that address the rapidly-changing sales environment by recognising growth opportunities, ensuring due diligence and financing is appropriate and engaging their workforce to drive productivity.”
The Banjar Group, who assists businesses improve their sales strategy and outcomes, recently released a Sales Shift 2020 whitepaper, supported by RSM Bird Cameron, which provides valuable insights to improve sales effectiveness with a focus on revenue growth, rather than simply relying on reducing costs for long-term, sustainable profitability.
Graham said, “In the current economic environment, many businesses are confronted with the dilemma of whether to invest for growth or cut costs to maintain profits. The paper looks at the importance of changing the sales culture as a way for companies to be more successful in the future and is therefore highly timely.”
The Banjar Group suggests the following questions to help business owners analyse their real sales needs
* Is the current strength of your organisation’s products and services enough to guarantee success or will the future capability of your organisation’s sales function be critical?
* Do you need salespeople who can succeed in complex environments or are your salespeople equipped only with the tools they need to be successful in a relatively stable marketplace?
* Are your recruitment strategies delivering the high-calibre, sales-focused people your business really needs?
* Is your sales function fully integrated with the rest of your business and working collaboratively to deliver customer value?
* Is your organisation capable of disrupting the market with game-changing insights and advice?
* Are your sales processes in-tune with your customers buying processes?
* Is your current investment in sales training delivering you the value you need?
Graham said, “RSM Bird Cameron encourages businesses to address these questions and start preparing for a sales environment in 2014 and beyond that will be inherently different to today’s to ensure their business is sustainable and successful in the future.”
About RSM Bird Cameron
RSM Bird Cameron is the largest mid-tier accounting firm in Australia with national ownership and profit sharing and offers a full range of specialist advisory services, including business consulting and advisory, assurance and advisory, taxation consulting, corporate consulting and turnaround and insolvency. RSM Bird Cameron is a core member firm of RSM International, the seventh largest network of independent accounting and consulting firms in the world.