Recognition turned 30 this year. In human years, that’s still relatively young. In business years, turning 30 means we are one of the most experienced PR firms operating in the technology and corporate services sector.
We’ve come a long way
We were founded in 1985, when Marty McFly first went back to the future. Some of the technology and gadgets companies were spruiking in 1985 felt pretty futuristic back then:
- car phones and pagers were all the rage with corporate types
- the compact disc player was beginning to take off
- Nintendo launched its first gaming system
- Windows 1.0 was released and the IBM PC was only four years old
- AM radio started broadcasting in Australia.
In 1985, we sent press releases to journalists via snail mail and, if they wanted a picture to go with the story, we sent them a bromide, or they sent out a photographer. We spent a lot of time on the phone with journalists and clients alike: a personal touch that remains core to our ethos even today in an era of instant electronic communication.
Read more ❯