Report provides insights from business leaders across industries on key strategies, growth initiatives, and how they define success
Epicor Software Corporation, a global provider of industry-specific enterprise software to promote business growth, today announced the release of its 2020 Global Growth Index, a report that explores the growth trajectory of companies around the world and provides insight into how business leaders are using technology to support and drive growth initiatives. The index looks at the constantly changing state of growth in the manufacturing, distribution, retail and e-commerce industries along with what trends impact the bottom line.
The report’s findings show that companies are embracing technologies to offset the impacts of global volatility, such as COVID-19 and supply chain disruptions. When surveying Australian respondents, the findings included:
- Increasing competitiveness: most companies surveyed are using excellent customer service (42 percent) and big data analytics (47 percent) to increase competitiveness. Data analytics had already been in use for between one and five years for two-thirds of Australian respondents, and 92 percent said big data is driving business growth.
- Impacts on business growth in the coming year: the China-US trade dispute/tariffs (30 percent), environmental challenges (32 percent) and COVID-19 (66 percent) are most likely to negatively impact business growth over the coming year for Australian respondents.
- Positive influences on business growth: planning and strategy (40 percent), technology and IT infrastructure (34 percent) and brand reputation (29 percent) were said to have the biggest impact on their industries over the last 12 months.
- The nature of growth: when asked about the nature of their growth and its impact on the overall business over the past year, companies’ top responses were rewarding (40 percent), planned (32 percent) and well managed (44 percent).
- Technologies set to have the biggest impact: 5G (37 percent), cloud technology (36 percent) and digital transformation (31 percent) were predicted to have the biggest positive, direct impact on future growth in the respondents’ industries over the next 12 to 18 months.
Andy Coussins, SVP and head of international, Epicor Software Corporation, said, “2020 has been a year characterised by significant disruption in the retail, manufacturing, and distribution industries. These disruptions have accelerated the move towards digital transformation for many organisations; the trends identified in the Epicor Global Growth Index confirm that businesses will look to technology and IT infrastructure to drive company growth in the next 12 months. This continued investment will be important for organisations to maintain business resilience, adapt to global volatility, and stay flexible as the market changes.”
Further results from the report reveal that:
- Growth is strong: for 54 percent of Australian companies, growth in the past six months was a slight improvement over the previous six months. For 22 percent, recent growth was a significant improvement. Growth had slightly or significantly worsened for just 10 percent of Australian respondents.
- Key success factors include digital: 26 percent of Australian companies said a strong digital and online presence was a key indicator of a successful growing business in their industry.
- Overcoming challenges requires technology: 46 percent of Australian respondents said working more efficiently would help them overcome business growth challenges in the next 12 months. 41 percent said it would come down to better planning and 40 percent said better technology was a key factor.
Andy Coussins said, “The overwhelming consensus globally was that technology investments will help organisations grow, regardless of industry or region. For example, companies looking to improve customer service and use big data analytics to increase competitiveness, it will be crucial for these organisations to choose technologies that facilitate those outcomes. A modern, purpose-built enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution helps organisations to improve customer service by putting crucial information at the fingertips of those who need it. This will also feed into big data projects, letting organisations gather the data they need to deliver more comprehensive insights that can drive better decision-making.”
This online survey was conducted in March 2020 by global research firm Dimensional Research. Responses were received from 2,002 professionals across 23 countries. All respondents oversee or perform essential duties that inform the business decisions for their organisation, across the manufacturing, distribution and shipping, retail and e-commerce verticals. The survey did not knowingly poll customers of Epicor. Survey participants represented organisations with 100 employees to 5,000+ employees worldwide.
To view the report in full, please visit Epicor 2020 Global Growth Index.
About Epicor Software Corporation
Epicor Software Corporation drives business growth. We provide flexible, industry-specific software designed to fit the precise needs of our manufacturing, distribution, retail, and service industry customers. More than 45 years of experience with our customers’ unique business processes and operational requirements are built into every solution¯in the cloud or on premises. With this deep understanding of your industry, Epicor solutions dramatically improve performance and profitability while easing complexity so you can focus on growth. For more information, connect with Epicor or visit www.epicor.com.
Epicor and the Epicor logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epicor Software Corporation, registered in the United States and other countries. Other trademarks referenced are the property of their respective owners. The product and service offerings depicted in this document are produced by Epicor Software Corporation.
Sydney, Australia – MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of enterprise analytics and mobility software, today announced that Gartner, Inc., the leading provider of research and analysis on the global information technology industry, has recognised the MicroStrategy platform, MicroStrategy 2019™, with the highest product scores across four uses cases in the “Critical Capabilities for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms” report (1).
According to Gartner’s findings, MicroStrategy ranks:
– #1 in Agile, Centralised BI Provisioning Use Case, scoring 4.34 (out of 5)
– #1 in Governed Data Discovery Use Case, scoring 4.24 (out of 5)
– #1 in OEM or Embedded BI Use Case, scoring 4.64 (out of 5)
– #1 in Extranet Deployment Use Case, scoring 4.38 (out of 5)
– #2 in Decentralised Analytics Use Case, scoring 4.23 (out of 5).
“The analytics industry is at a crossroads. Self-service analytics tools lack robust data governance and traditional BI applications are unable to support modern business use cases,” said Michael J. Saylor, CEO, MicroStrategy Incorporated. “We believe that MicroStrategy’s newest platform is the most open and comprehensive solution in the market. MicroStrategy 2019 is designed to address the most demanding use cases and go beyond modern BI to deliver HyperIntelligence™, a new category of analytics that empowers more users across the workforce by delivering intelligence through zero-click experiences. For each organisation looking to become a more Intelligent Enterprise™, MicroStrategy 2019 can help accelerate the journey.”
A Recognised Industry Leader
According to Gartner (2), MicroStrategy grew its market share worldwide from 2017 to 2018 for Modern BI Platforms, increasing revenue in that subsegment by 26.3 per cent.
Today’s news is the latest in a line of recent industry recognition for MicroStrategy, including:
– Gartner: Sole Challenger in Gartner’s February 2019 Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms
– Dresner: Named a Technology Innovation Leader by Dresner Advisory Services for the Second Consecutive Year
– Ventana: #1 Overall Value Index Leader in Embedded Analytics & Business Intelligence by Ventana Research
– Ventana: #1 Overall Value Index Leader in Mobile Analytics and Business Intelligence by Ventana Research
“In our opinion, this recognition reflects the momentum and excitement we’re seeing from our customers and prospects looking to deliver insights to their workforce with Federated Analytics, Transformational Mobility, and HyperIntelligence applications,” said Marge Breya, Senior Executive Vice President and CMO, MicroStrategy Incorporated. “We make it a priority for our customers to be successful with what we believe is the strongest platform offering in the market. We think it’s time for organisations to test-drive MicroStrategy 2019 and capitalise on the next generation of enterprise intelligence.”
– Read our blog: MicroStrategy Scores Highest in Gartner’s Critical Capabilities Report, Once Again!
– Download a copy of the Gartner Critical Capabilities for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms report
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organisation and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About MicroStrategy Incorporated
MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise analytics and mobility software and services. Our mission is to make every enterprise a more Intelligent Enterprise. MicroStrategy 2019 delivers modern analytics on an open, comprehensive enterprise platform designed to drive business results with Federated Analytics, Transformational Mobility, and HyperIntelligence. To learn more, visit MicroStrategy online, and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy 2019, HyperIntelligence, and Intelligent Enterprise are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) – Gartner, Critical Capabilities for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms, James Richardson, Rita Sallam, Austin Kronz, 14 May 2019.
(2) – Gartner, Market Share: Enterprise Application Software, Worldwide, 2018. Neha Gupta, Hai Swinehart, et al., 12 April 2019.
Leading employee engagement product adopted by over 550 new customers in more than 20 industries in 2018
Sydney, Australia – Qualtrics, the leader in experience management, has announced that the Qualtrics Employee Experience™ Product added over 550 new customers in more than 20 industries in 2018, from global financial services institutions to leading retail companies. Today, there are customers in over 45 countries who use the Qualtrics Employee Experience Product.
Many of the world’s leading brands turn to Qualtrics to improve employee experience and enable high performance organisations with world-class cultures and talent, including Adidas, Deloitte, Disney, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, Target, Scoot, Zillow, and more.
“Customers from around the world have turned to Qualtrics to deliver breakthrough experiences for their employees,” said Julie Larson-Green, chief experience officer, Qualtrics. “Our platform, developed in partnership with customers, empowers teams to take action on their insights through the entire employee lifecycle. As a result, a record number of leading companies across industries are now using the Qualtrics Employee Experience Product to improve employee engagement. This is just the beginning, and we will continue to drive more innovation this year with our customers.”
The Qualtrics Employee Experience Product, built on the Qualtrics XM Platform™, delivers real-time employee engagement insights to attract, engage, and retain a world-class workforce for enterprises around the world. The technology allows managers and employees to identify gaps in the employee experience, from recruiting and onboarding to performance management, to improve engagement, raise productivity, and reduce attrition at every touchpoint.
In Australia and New Zealand (ANZ), levels of employee engagement levels are higher than the global average but there is room for improvement. For example, while 63 per cent of ANZ employees are extremely or somewhat satisfied in their roles, 18 per cent of employees are an attrition risk. (1) Companies are finding ways to take action on insights gathered through employee feedback and data to provide This reinforces the need for effective and, impactful employee experiences management initiatives that are driven by feedback and data.
Other highlights for Qualtrics Employee Experience in 2018:
- The Qualtrics XM Platform obtained top certifications to better serve customers across a variety of industries, including HITRUST, ISO 27001, FedRAMP, and others.
- Qualtrics announced a strategic partnership with IBM to transform the employee experience, through which IBM World Norms benchmarks are now running on the Qualtrics XM Platform and nearly 100 IBM clients have migrated to Qualtrics.
- Qualtrics expanded not only its global team of Employee Experience Solution Strategists and XM Scientists, but also its partner network of expert practitioners. Seventy Employee Experience professionals, scientists and consultants joined the Qualtrics Partner Network, who delivered over 350 customer engagements throughout 2018.
- More than 100,000 employees at one of the world’s largest employers onboarded to the Qualtrics Employee Experience Product.
- Employee Experience revenue more than doubled year-over-year.
- Qualtrics was named a leader for Best Employee Engagement Software in the G2 Crowd Grid® for Employee Engagement.
Qualtrics also introduced numerous product innovations, some of which included:
- Development of world-class programs backed by industry best practices, called XM Solutions, focused on the employee engagement and lifecycle.
- Complete user interface refresh to improve the manager’s experience to analyse and act on employee data.
- Addition of Lifecycle projects, such as Lifecycle Automation and Triggers, to make it easier for employers to listen to their teams at key moments.
- Advanced action plan reporting, which provides leaders with aggregate views to track and manage actions taken within their engagement programs.
- Adopting core Qualtrics XM Platform technology into the Qualtrics Employee Experience Product, such as Text iQ™, which analyses open text responses from customers and employees to uncover patterns, trends, and insights.
The Qualtrics Employee Experience Product delivers a comprehensive and scalable solution to listen, understand, and take action on improving employee experiences. In addition, the Qualtrics Partner Network provides access to an expansive network of industry specialists with unique expertise to help each company scale and customise their employee engagement programs.
To learn more about Qualtrics and Employee Experience, join the company at its annual X4: Experience Management Summit in Salt Lake City on March 5-8, or visit qualtrics.com/employee-experience/.
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organisations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organisations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.
(1) Qualtrics: State of Play: Employee Experience in Australia and New Zealand. 2018
M-Files exceeds 30 percent growth in annual recurring revenue in 2018
Company’s ten-year compound revenue growth surpasses 3,000 percent
Sydney, Australia – M-Files Corporation, the intelligent information management company, announced its tenth consecutive year of strong growth, driven by its innovative digital business solutions that help organisations easily find, manage and process documents and information in context from any device.
Continuing the successful expansion of its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model, M-Files grew its annual recurring revenue (ARR) in 2018 by more than 30 percent over 2017. ARR from customers using the company’s cloud-based service grew even faster at over 70 percent year over year. Strong performance in 2018 is the latest milestone in the company’s sustained track record, resulting in a compound revenue growth rate of more than 3,000 percent over the last ten years.
“2018 was another exciting year for M-Files during which our growth dramatically outpaced the overall market, a clear indication that businesses are readily embracing our unique intelligent information management approach,” said Miika Mäkitalo, CEO at M-Files Corporation. “Along with the release of M-Files Online, a compelling new SaaS solution, our rapidly growing partner network and widening global footprint were crucial to our success.”
Exponential customer and partner growth
M-Files added over 1,000 new customers in 2018, bringing the total number of customers using the platform to more than 9,000 worldwide, including global enterprises in manufacturing, professional services, construction, financial services, life sciences, energy, real estate, healthcare and more. In addition, the number of customers using the company’s cloud service increased by more than 75 percent in 2018.
M-Files also extended its global partner network with the addition of major brands, such as Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Iron Mountain and Kyocera, among others, adding to the growing list of hundreds of partners around the world with specialised expertise in key use cases, vertical industries and systems integration.
M-Files Online extends leadership in intelligent information management
The company also launched M-Files Online, the only truly hybrid intelligent information management platform that allows customers to implement both cloud and on-premises solutions without having to separately purchase licenses for each. New artificial intelligence capabilities were also introduced to automate document handling and related processes, such as automatic tagging and classification.
Building upon the Intelligent Metadata Layer introduced in 2017, M-Files also launched ten new connectors, including SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, OpenText Content Server, IBM FileNet P8, Documentum, Amazon S3 and Microsoft SQL Server.
Global investment and recognition
In 2018, M-Files raised 27 million euros from the European Investment Bank (EIB), one of the EIB’s largest IT sector investments to date, to further fuel technology development and international expansion.
The company was also recognised for its visionary approach to information management, including being named a Visionary in the Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms (CSP), the Leader in the Nucleus Research ECM Technology Value Matrix, and the Best Document Management Software/System for Law Firms by Inc. Magazine. Moreover, M-Files was honoured with the prestigious Internationalisation Award by the President of the Republic of Finland for its global success, innovative intelligent information management solutions and positive impact on the Finnish economy.
For more information, visit www.m-files.com.
About M-Files Corporation
M-Files provides a next-generation intelligent information management platform that improves business performance by helping people find and use information more effectively. Unlike traditional enterprise content management (ECM) systems or content services platforms, M-Files unifies systems, data and content across the organisation without disturbing existing systems and processes or requiring data migration. Using artificial intelligence (AI) technologies in its unique Intelligent Metadata Layer, M-Files breaks down silos by delivering an in-context experience for accessing and leveraging information that resides in any system and repository, including network folders, SharePoint, file sharing services, ECM systems, CRM, ERP and other business systems and repositories. Thousands of organisations in more than 100 countries use M-Files for managing their business information and processes, including NBC Universal, OMV, Rovio, SAS Institute and thyssenkrupp. For more information, visit www.m-files.com.