Wavelink Communications, distributors of Polycom’s voice communications solutions, has released the Polycom KIRK Wireless Server (KWS) 2500, a flexible and future-proof DECT wireless solution tailored to meet the needs of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
Part of Polycom’s range of adjunct DECT systems that provide wireless extensions to virtually any voice platform, the KWS 2500 lets companies deploy reliable, enterprise-grade wireless telephony at an affordable price and can be easily and inexpensively upgraded to a larger DECT solution as the business grows ensuring that SMBs are prepared for the future.
The KWS 2500 is aimed at SMB’s that currently rely on an analogue phone system, and provides affordable migration to Voice over IP (VoIP) by protecting a company’s current investments. It supports both analogue and SIP VoIP interfaces, and allows progressive or complete migration from analogue to IP telephony without investing in a new wireless server, DECT radio infrastructure or handsets.
Ilan Rubin, managing director, Wavelink, said, “The Polycom KWS 2500 gives small to medium businesses access to the same advanced features available to large enterprises – at an affordable price, helping them to do business more efficiently and remain competitive in a tough market.”
The KWS 2500 is well suited for SMBs such as car repair shops, car dealers, small manufacturing environments and smaller retail stores, where employees must be responsive and efficient while also maintaining mobility within the workplace.
Key features and benefits of the Polycom KWS 2500 include:
* supports up to 150 wireless users and up to 32 simultaneous calls
* runs on an open interface, which lets the server integrate with third-party applications
* future-proof solution due to flexibility, scalability and easy upgrade
* step-by-step or instant migration from analogue to VoIP interface
* graphical user interface (GUI) management program that includes various analysis tools, statistics, and error detection
* built on the Polycom’s proven digital enhanced cordless telecommunication (DECT) technology
* compatible with all KIRK infrastructure elements and handsets.
Wavelink Communications (www.wavelink.com.au) specialises in the supply, marketing and support of a range of leading edge IP, wireless and communication solutions. Wavelink distributes a range of products from Meru Networks, Polycom, Digium, Cisco, AirTight, Nomadix and amigopod.
Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM) is a global leader in unified communications solutions with industry-leading telepresence, video, voice and infrastructure solutions built on open standards. Polycom powers smarter conversations, transforming lives and businesses worldwide. Please visit www.polycom.com for more information or connect with Polycom on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.