Melbourne, June 6, 2011 – Wavelink, a value added distributor of business IP, wireless, communication and network security and access solutions, has announced Meru Networks’ winter of wireless K-12 school promotion, with $25,000 in wireless technology on offer.
Wavelink, as the Australian distributor for Meru Networks, is giving away a complete wireless system, including installation and support to one lucky Australian school.
Ilan Rubin, managing director, Wavelink, said, “Through Meru Networks, Wavelink will help the winning school accelerate its wireless performance.
“Mobile computing initiatives are changing the way children learn in K-12 environments. Laptop carts, video learning and one-to-one computing programs have combined with small IT teams and shrinking budgets to drive the need for a high density, simple to manage and intelligent wireless network.
“A reliable network can mean the difference between wasted class time and a session that rapidly engages students in a rich educational experience. Meru Networks makes wireless networks that simply work, letting teachers focus on teaching instead of dealing with IT issues.”
The $25,000 package includes
* (20) AP320i dual radio, 802.11n Access Points (APs) providing access on both the 2.4GHz and 5Ghz bands, supporting dense user environments such as laptop carts or 1:1 computing environments.
* (1) MC1500 controller licenced for with 20 Access Points that runs Meru’s award winning System Director with Air Traffic Control™, capable of expanding to up to 30 APs, leaving you room to grow.
* (1) MeruAssure Support for one year with 7x24x365 TAC support, software upgrades, patches and advanced replacements.
* Site survey and coverage planning. Wavelink, or one of its authorised resellers, will perform a site survey and provide a coverage plan for your 20 AP network to ensure you are getting the coverage you want.
* Installation. Wavelink, or one of its authorised resellers, will install the access points and controller, configure the network and verify operations and coverage.
The promotion runs from June 1, 2011 until August 31, 2011. To be in the running, all schools need to provide their details and explain in 200 words or less how a new Meru wireless network would benefit their school.
To enter please visit http://www.wavelink.com.au/promo/meru-winter-2011/enter.php.
For terms and conditions please visit http://www.wavelink.com.au/promo/meru-winter-2011/terms.php
About Meru Networks
Founded in 2002, Meru Networks develops and markets a virtualised wireless LAN solution that cost-effectively optimises the enterprise network to deliver the performance, reliability, predictability and operational simplicity of a wired network, with the advantages of mobility. Meru’s solution represents an innovative approach to wireless networking that utilises virtualisation technology to create an intelligent and self-monitoring wireless network, and enables enterprises to migrate their business-critical applications from wired networks to wireless networks, and become all-wireless enterprises. Meru’s solutions have been adopted in major industry vertical markets, including education, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing and retail. Meru is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has operations in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. For more information, visit www.merunetworks.com.
Wavelink (www.wavelink.com.au) specialises in the supply, marketing and support of a range of leading edge business IP, wireless, communication and network security and access solutions. Wavelink distributes a range of products from Meru Networks, Polycom, Digium, Cisco, AirTight, Nomadix and Identity Networks.