July 13, 2011 – Fluke Networks has announced a new version of its leading Network Time Machine™, with new capabilities that make it the first* all-in-one, plug-and-play appliance that provides both instant identification of network versus server problems and root cause analysis of network and application problems.
The new features in version 8 incorporate the Fluke Networks’ proprietary visual fault domain isolation technology that graphically identifies where problems exist, while continuing to provide 100 per cent stream-to-disk capabilities with deep packet inspection at rates greater than 10 Gbps for more detailed analysis in a single appliance.
Wayne Allen, program manager, Fluke Networks, said, “The number one question network professionals tell Fluke Networks they need answered in troubleshooting scenarios is whether the issue is with the server or the network.
“Version 8 takes the Network Time Machine platform’s performance to the next level by answering this question in a fraction of the time, and by doing so in the form of a single, simple appliance that does not require multiple servers, complex deployment scenarios and continuous configuration and maintenance.”
In addition to instantly identifying server versus network problems, the new user interface features user-configurable dashboards that automatically identify and display key performance metrics with instant drill-down capability into root cause analysis.
The software, a free upgrade for existing customers with an active support agreement, is available immediately.
Network Time Machine features
* ClearSight™ Analyser, with application-centric analysis that automatically analyses application flows and can drill down to identify the root cause issues.
* Quality of Service (QoS) metrics, statistics and trending charts of application and flow level for buffered and historical data.
* Real-time video/voice over IP metrics and troubleshooting for enterprise networks.
* Independently certified performance in excess of 10 Gbps.
* Portable and rack mount versions.
For more information, please visit www.flukenetworks.com/ntminfo.
About Fluke Networks
Fluke Networks provides innovative solutions for network installation, monitoring and analysis within global enterprises and carriers. The company’s comprehensive line of solutions provides network installers, owners, and maintainers with superior vision, combining speed, accuracy and ease of use to optimise network performance. Headquartered in Everett, Washington, the company distributes its products in more than 50 countries. More information can be found by visiting www.flukenetworks.com/au.
* Based on Fluke Networks’ market research of current network recorder solutions for enterprise network performance analysis.