Premier value-added distribution network to provide worldwide push for industry’s fastest-growing enterprise security platform
August 29, 2014 – Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the leader in enterprise security, and Westcon Group, the value-added distributor of security, unified communications, network infrastructure, and data centre solutions, has announced that the companies have expanded their global distribution agreement. The deal opens up new markets throughout the world for the industry’s fastest-growing enterprise security platform, empowering resellers using highly integrated global distribution capabilities.
Palo Alto Networks and Westcon Group have held regional distribution relationships for several years. As teams and processes align at a global level, the companies will soon do business in more than 40 countries. Over the next few years, Palo Alto Networks and Westcon Group will invest in every theatre to take advantage of shared momentum, providing resellers access to a full technology ecosystem and more efficient global business operations.
· “Palo Alto Networks has been an important partner in our Security Practice,” said Dolph Westerbos, Chief Executive Officer, Westcon Group. “Unifying our relationship globally just makes sense. This provides our reseller and service provider partners with a broader and more consistent security portfolio around the world, and leverages Westcon’s technical and market expertise to drive new revenue.”
· “For years, Westcon Group has been a valuable ally to Palo Alto Networks,” said Mark McLaughlin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Palo Alto Networks. “We are pleased to have now a major worldwide distribution partner committed to shared success in a global market hungry for a true next-generation enterprise security platform.”
· read about today’s announcement on the Palo Alto Networks partners blog
· visit Palo Alto Networks at www.paloaltonetworks.com
· visit Westcon Group at www.westcongroup.com
ABOUT WESTCON GROUP
Westcon Group, Inc. is the value-added distributor of security, unified communications, network infrastructure, and data centre solutions. The company’s teams create unique programs and provide exceptional support to accelerate the business of its global partners. Strong relationships at every level of the Westcon Group organisation enable partners to receive support tailored to their needs. From global logistics and flexible customised financing solutions to pre-sales, technical and engineering assistance, the company works with partners to respond with agility and speed to changing market conditions so they can achieve the fastest time to revenue. Westcon Group’s portfolio of market-leading vendors includes: Cisco, Avaya, Polycom, Check Point, F5, Blue Coat and Palo Alto. For more information, please visit www.westcongroup.com.
ABOUT PALO ALTO NETWORKS
Palo Alto Networks is leading a new era in cybersecurity by protecting thousands of enterprise, government, and service provider networks from cyber threats. Unlike fragmented legacy products, our security platform safely enables business operations and delivers protection based on what matters most in today’s dynamic computing environments: applications, users, and content. Find out more at www.paloaltonetworks.com.