Fortinet continues to build cybersecurity solutions with AWS services, including AWS Gateway Load Balancer, AWS Outposts, AWS Network Firewall and AWS Transit Gateway
John Maddison, EVP of products and CMO, Fortinet said, “Enterprises are increasingly looking to integrate both native cloud security and Fortinet’s enterprise-class cloud security offerings to protect their workloads on AWS. Fortinet has always collaborated closely with AWS on security initiatives and we will leverage AWS Marketplace to further enable rapid deployment.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, has announced new integrations with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to further provide customers with advanced security across their cloud platforms, applications, and network. Fortinet’s cloud security solutions – including its virtual next-generation firewall, FortiGate-VM and web application firewall (WAF), FortiWeb – are designed to protect workloads and business applications across on-premises data centres and cloud environments. Fortinet is continuing to provide a broad set of natively integrated security solutions using AWS to provide customers with full visibility and control of applications and centralised management across cloud and hybrid environments. The newest integrations on AWS include:
- Fortinet managed IPS rules powered by FortiGuard Labs: Fortinet provides managed IPS rulesets powered by threat intelligence from FortiGuard Labs for the recently introduced AWS Network Firewall. This is a new managed service that makes it easy to deploy essential network protections for all of a customer’s Amazon Virtual Private Clouds (Amazon VPCs). Through this integration, organisations can use Fortinet managed IPS rules to centrally set policies across all of their Amazon VPCs and accounts. These new Fortinet managed rulesets make it easy for customers to import rules and integrate FortiGuard Labs’ threat intelligence with AWS Network Firewall as an additional layer of protection.
FortiGuard Labs, Fortinet’s threat intelligence and research organisation, provides proven threat intelligence to protect organisations from malicious cyberattacks. Using millions of global network sensors, FortiGuard Labs monitors the worldwide attack surface and employs artificial intelligence (AI) to mine that data for new threats.
- FortiGate-VM next generation firewall integration with AWS Gateway Load Balancer: Fortinet’s FortiGate-VM integrates with AWS Gateway Load Balancer (GWLB) to help organisations simplify and secure their Amazon VPC environments while improving high availability and scaling. For advanced protection of internet bound traffic and inter-VPC network traffic, FortiGate-VM provides robust connectivity features, including high performance IPSec VPN, SSL VPN and rich security features including intrusion prevention (IDPS), deep packet inspection (DPI), URL filtering, anti-malware protection and granular segmentation. Together, FortiGate-VM and AWS Gateway Load Balancer (GWLB) offer an enhanced cloud security service and cloud management solution that provides enterprise customers fast, flexible access to the cloud.
- Fortinet consulting services for AWS customers: Fortinet’s new consulting services available in AWS Marketplace provide customers with a blueprint for designing and implementing advanced security across their cloud platform, network and applications on AWS. The new consulting service also offers security assessments of AWS deployments to enhance organisations’ security posture and remediate existing misconfigurations.
Fortinet security fabric for AWS
The announcement builds on Fortinet’s existing collaboration with AWS. Fortinet delivers natively integrated and enhanced security for available AWS services, including Amazon GuardDuty, AWS CloudFormation and AWS Outposts. Supporting the broadest set of use cases, Fortinet’s Security Fabric offers customers with comprehensive security for AWS workloads including firewall, security gateway, intrusion prevention and web application security. AWS is also part of Fortinet Open Fabric Ecosystem, one of the industry’s largest cybersecurity ecosystems. The Fortinet Security Fabric protects customer environments across physical, virtual, cloud or hybrid infrastructures with the following unique capabilities:
- Single-pane-of-glass control and management. The Security Fabric enables organisations to centrally manage both cloud and on-premises security functionality, which helps eliminate human errors while reducing the time burden on limited IT resources. The Security Fabric delivers centralised security management using a consistent operational model.
- Cloud native visibility and control. With Fortinet’s Security Fabric, organisations gain in-depth visibility into AWS application deployments and the ability to apply intent-based policies. By using dynamic address groups and logical naming of cloud-based resources, the security fabric allows organisations to scale out security policies across the cloud infrastructure.
- Broad protection across the attack surface. Fortinet offers AWS customers a broad set of network security products, allowing organisations the ability to add an additional layer of protection and securely run any application anywhere, whether on-premises or in the cloud.
Fortinet self-service in AWS Marketplace
Fortinet offers a broad range of security products in VM, container, and SaaS form factors with flexible bring-your-own-license (BYOL) and pay-as-you-go (PAYG) billing options through AWS Marketplace. Products that can be purchased through AWS Marketplace include FortiGate-VM Next Generation Firewalls, FortiWeb WAF, FortiMail, FortiSandbox, Fortinet Managed Rules for AWS WAF and more.
“For our customers deploying data and applications in AWS, S2 Global has been able to automate operations through the FortiGate-VM next-generation firewalls to protect their VPC environments. With the FortiGate-VM seamlessly integrating with AWS CloudFormation, we’ve been able to create an automated setup for rolling out Fortinet solutions on AWS. Now it takes just a couple of minutes to spin up a new firewall and 40 minutes for an entire stack deployment when previously it would have taken hours. In doing so, we’ve reduced the risk of human error while freeing up time for our IT teams to focus on other business-critical operations.”
– Nikolay Chigrin, senior system engineer, AWS, S2 Global
“Fortinet’s new consulting services available in AWS Marketplace was very valuable in optimising the security of our AWS implementation. AdvisorEngine leveraged Fortinet’s services to design, architect and implement the FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall to enhance our security posture. The service was easy to procure and to arrange through via the new placement in AWS Marketplace.”
– Vladimir Baranov, CTO, AdvisorEngine Inc
“With the introduction of AWS Network Firewall, customers can leverage global threat intelligence from Fortinet to protect their VPCs and securely accelerate their cloud journey. We are pleased to expand our relationship with Fortinet to provide our customers with managed, advanced protection for their AWS deployments.”
– Andrew Thomas, general manager of perimeter protection, Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Find out how the Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across an organisation’s entire digital infrastructure.
- Learn more about the Fortinet Open Fabric Ecosystem and Fortinet solutions providing dynamic cloud security for AWS.
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs threat intelligence and research and the FortiGuard Security Subscriptions and Services portfolio.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s Network Security Expert (NSE) Training Institute, including its free cybersecurity training initiative, the NSE Certification Program, Security Academy Program and Veterans Program.
- Read more about how Fortinet customers are securing their organisations.
- Engage in the Fortinet User Community (Fuse). Share ideas and feedback, learn more about our products and technology, and connect with peers.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organisations around the world. Fortinet empowers our customers with complete visibility and control across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric platform can address the most critical security challenges and protect data across the entire digital infrastructure, whether in networked, application, multi-cloud or edge environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 480,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Both a technology company and a learning organisation, the Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE) Training Institute has one of the largest and broadest cybersecurity training programs in the industry. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2020 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet’s trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiADC, FortiAP, FortiAppMonitor, FortiASIC, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCamera, FortiCASB, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFone, FortiCarrier, FortiHypervisor, FortiIsolator, FortiMail, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiPlanner, FortiPortal, FortiPresence , FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiSandbox, FortiSIEM, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialise or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.